- limit theorems
- stochastic processes
- operator self-similar and semi-self-similar processes
- limit theorems for stochastic processes
- random walks in continuous time
- markovian process bridges
For a detailed list, please refer to publications.
Third party funding
- "Digitale Materialien in der Stochastik-Lehre für Präsenzveranstaltungen und Selbststudium.nrw"
(Subproject for funding line „OERContent.nrw“, 10/2020 - 09/2022, funded by Ministry of Culture and Science NRW)
Together with the stochastic groups in Bochum and Siegen and under the direction of Prof. Axel Bücher and Prof. Peter Kern from the HHU, online exercises are being developed for use in popular teaching platforms such as Ilias and Moodle. In addition, video tutorials and interactive applications will be used to illustrate complex stochastic facts. The target group includes not only students of mathematics, but also of natural and engineering sciences.
- „Dimension multivariater selbstähnlicher Prozesse“
DFG Sachbeihilfe, 2013 - 2016
- „Dilatively stable processes“
DAAD-MÖB Kooperationsprojekt mit Wissenschaftlern aus Szeged und Debrecen (PPP Ungarn), 2014 - 2015
For further details concerning Prof. Kern's teaching at HHU please refer to the German version of: teaching.