Prof. Dr. Christiane Helzel
- Numerical methods for partial differential equations
- Finite volume methods for hyperbolic problems
- Applications: Fluid Dynamics, Magnetohydrodynamics, Complex fluids
- Construction and analysis of transparent boundary conditions for scattering problems in the frequency as well as in the time domain.
- Developement of fast algorithms for the solution of Volterra integro differential equations of convolution type. These equations can be used to model memory effects in elasticity or anomalous diffussion processes.
Oberseminar Numerik und Optimierung
Responsible for the content: